Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Conterfeit Kit June - Layout 6 & 7

Now that I am no longer hosting crafting get togethers at the shop, some friends and I meet fortnightly for a bit of crafting, laughs, and sometimes a glass or two of wine.  We rotate between three of our homes so that there is a week that someone doesn't have to drive, but there is also no pressure to host if that isn't your thing.  The host provides a simple dinner as we often come straight from work or dropping our kids to their evening activities.  Sometimes I think that if we hadn't set this up we would regularly be guilty of neglecting time for ourselves.

I haven't had a full day off in nearly two weeks and the only crafting I have done is at our Friday evenings with a few minutes here and there to add finishing touches.  This is where having a ready made kit comes in very handy!  This first layout was done a fortnight ago and uses a funky sheet of vellum layered over a piece of white cardstock.  As it isn't stuck down (except under the photo) the layout photographed slightly dull as the vellum kept lifting up, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Mad Hatter's Tea Party
I really wanted to work with the circles to help reflect the spinning ride.  It was quick and fun to put together and I like the three photos all on the one page.

This last layout is based on a sketch by Shimelle which I did this past Friday.  I flipped the sketch upside down as I didn't want the sky in the photo too close to the background paper.  We spend so much time laughing and chatting while we are crafting that I am lucky if I get the papers, photo and title on the page.  Do you get a chance to craft with friends?  If not I would absolutely recommend it, even if it is just once a month and you host it yourself.  One of my friends uses it as her UFO (UnFinished Objects) night and she works through stuff that has been hanging around unfinished.  It really is more of a social gathering!  And we don't limit it to papercrafting ... any sort of crafting will do.



You will get wet!
More photos scrapped from our 2008 holiday/vacation.  It will soon be time for me to stop and take stock of what I have done from that holiday and start to work on filling gaps.  I like to make 12x12's for each key part or story of our holiday/vacation and then use decorated divided page protectors to house the rest of the photos and memorabilia.  Sort of like a 12x12 album crossed with project life.  With 1600 photos to choose from I am NOT scrapping them all on 12x12 pages!!!!

I hope you had a great weekend,
Chipper

2 comments:

  1. Both layouts are fantastic..I love how you've used circles in the first one. Crafting time with friends is precious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Louise, both are fantastic. I love the spin on the first one, and you definitely developed Shimelle's sketch into your own creation - I think the embellishing on that page is fab! I'm a big proponent of 12 x 12 divided page protectors for vacation photos too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.