Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

Storytelling Sunday - September

Well, it is still a Sunday so we shall still call it Storytelling Sunday, even if I am a week late!  LOL  This is my contribution to the fabulous collection of stories told every month with Sian at From High In The Sky.  Grab yourself a cuppa and go over to check them all out.  I know I will be a little later when I have a few more moments to spare!  They are always worth a read and you will laugh, sometimes cry, and ALWAYS have a great time!

This month I am doing something a little different just to get you all thinking, and because time is short!  We all know about Facebook (and if you don't then you must be a hermit) and like it or love it FB is often controversial.  But for our family who live scattered all over the world it has been a wonderful invention for keeping in touch.  As much as letters are special, lets face reality and say that we often just don't have enough hours in the day to write to anyone and everyone.

In 2008 we went on a family holiday to Florida.  While we were there I uploaded photos each morning from the previous day (I am an early riser) to an album on FB with comments about the photos so that family could see what we were doing.  It turned out that it was a wonderful idea for two reasons.  Everything was fresh in my mind when the photos were posted and as I am STILL scrapping the photos I have the journalling already completed.  AND as comments were posted on the photos more of the story unfolded.  It was like keeping an interactive holiday journal.

The photo story below was from the 'Back Lo't at Disney Studios and is called 'Harbor Attack'.  First you will see the photo, followed by my original description and then the comments in italics.  I hope you like it :-)



This was the back lot tour. We waited ages for this ride as it was cancelled due to lightning. When it started up again I was one of the 'volunteers'. Not sure what I got into!!!!

The LOML "doesn't she look happy to be a volounteer.. she tried all day to get on stage as a helper i think she lucked out here look at the next few photo's..this was a great show.."

Me "I was very happy to be a volunteer. I was just having difficulty walking in the heavy waterproof overshoes. They were 2 sizes too big!!! Didn't want to fall flat on my face in front of a few hundred people!!!"




The sexy suit I had to wear as the volunteer. I was the mechanic on a ship in Pearl Harbour. This is a specail effects type show. I was told to sit in a chair, answer the phone, and DON"T LOOK LEFT!!!

The LOML "doesn't she look great in this blue suit..."



I asked why I shouldn't look left and was told ... "You'll See!!!"

The LOML "just don't answer the phone..."




Answering the phone ... wonder whats next.

The LOML "remember don't look left..."




HELP!!!! WE ARE FLOODING!

The LOML "oops we can't see her anymore.. at this stage the kids were screaming with Laughter. We got a prime view spot because Christine was on stage.. Pity she abit wet..."

Me "It was fun though!!!"

The LOML "Trust me she is in there somewhere..."


It was very fun and the kids still laugh about it today!  See you next month (hopefully on time) for another story.

Chipper

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! It just goes to show how mant different ways there are to tell a story. And a very good reminder to me that Facebook definitely does have its advantages :)

    Thanks for your inventive story this time round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to tell a story Christine!...I am never brave enough to volunteer for these things
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHH my gosh, this made me laugh. Wonderful story...and I needed the laugh today. Bhahaha!! :) I wish I would have read it sooner. I'll be back to read the next one for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.