Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Online crop with Shimelle - Challenge 1

Well it is crafting weekend over at Shimelle's and although I have a busy weekend planned I am going to try and get as many challenges done that I can.  Challenge 1 was to scraplift this layout ...

I started out 'lifting' it but it doesn't really look like I did now.  But I did lift the vertical line and the one photo element from the original.  I really need a new computer so that I can use my 'real' camera for photos, but at the moment the only way for me to get photos up onto the blog is by using my iPhone and uploading them via the blogger app.  So I appologise in advance for the poor quality photos :-)


The best photo was in the bright sunlight so it is a little washed out but at least it doesn't look pink!  I used new papers by Cosmo Cricket (Tea for Two) that have been sitting on my desk for the past week screaming at me to be used!  I just love them.  I started with the vertical line but the photo I wanted to use was a 6x4 and took up so much room that I didn't use any horizontal embellishments.  I stamped a few times directly on the page and then painted crackle paint slightly over it.  This replaced the paper blocks in the original layout.  I doodled 'BFF' around the outside edge of the page but you can only just see it in the photo.

I also made some of my own flowers and added doodled hearts to the page.  I didn't have any matching Thickers and I was feeling too lazy go cut some on my Cricut so I painted some chipboard Thickers that I liked the font of and sprinkled bronze glitter on it.  It is hard to see it in the photo but I like the final result.  It worked the way I had planned it in my head so that is always a bonus!

I can't believe that I got a layout completed last night and this morning even though I was tired.  There have been some great challenges posted so far and there is one in particular that I really want to attempt.  Lets hope my weekend goes smoothly :-)
Chipper

3 comments:

  1. Loving those flowers! And the papers. May have to go shopping (again). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT 'LIFT'..LOVE THE FLOWERS YOU MADE!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet page! I love the flowers and the little sprig of leaves. Your talent is amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.