Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

Journal Your Christmas 2011

Over at Shimelle's she is asking what your favourite size is when it comes to Christmas scrapping.  Well to be honest with you I haven't scrapped very many Christmas photos in the past but I want to change that RIGHT NOW!  I can however tell you what my favourite scrapping size is ... 8x8.  This is currently a very unfashionable size where I am living right now, but I love how fast it comes together.  I am not a scrapper who believes that every page must be a masterpiece that takes days to come together (I do however know lots of people who do LOL) and 8x8 pages can look like a 'masterpiece' without taking so much time.

All of my earlier scrapping was given away to the multiple sets of Grandparents and Great-Grandparents that my children are blessed to have who live all around the globe.  I can't even remember what most of the albums looked like now.  So this Christmas album is going to be for us to keep just like everything else I have scrapped so far this year (no more whole albums for Grandparents, just pages here and there!).  When unpacking my stash earlier this year I came across this kit by K&Co's Tim Coffey and put it aside thinking that I really need to use it.  So I shall use it for this years Christmas album.  It is an unusual size of 8.5x8.5 but that is close enough to my favourite size :-)  When I opened the box the album is quite luxurious as the red is flocked!


It came with 20 page inserts (thank goodness for that as I don't think I would find refills anymore for that size!), a pack of Grand Adhesions, a pack of Epoxy stickers, and a pad of 8.5x8.5 patterned papers.  So this is a great start for me to add to.  I have added some brads, HOTP brad buddies, ribbons and buttons so far to my kit.  I am off to get matching Bazzill today and I think I will limit this to a co-ordinating red, green, purple and white/silver.  Purple you may be asking? One of the pages has a hint of purple and I think a little of it will contrast nicely.  There are also a few blue pages, but this time around I don't want to add too much blue.  The page below is one of my favourite from the stack.  I think that is because I love traditional Christmas colours and I LOVE candy canes!


Now that I have the basics put together I am ready to go!  I am not actually doing Shimelle's class as it isn't really in the budget especially as I have yet to finish the last two.  But I will be making a Christmas album and documenting our Christmas this year.  It won't contain daily entries, just the events that make Christmas one of my most favourite times of the year!

Chipper

1 comment:

  1. Like the album...I did my first JYC last year but personalised it and didn't follow all Shimelle's prompts
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.