Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Shimelle's Starting Point

I wasn't a huge fan of Shimelle's last starting point (although I LOVE the papers she chose).  I think that is because I just recently scrapped a double page that was very much like this and I don't like it at all.  In fact I haven't even finished it yet as I am uninspired by it.  So when I saw the following starting point I wasn't very thrilled.


I have a friend who hasn't scrapped much in the past year or so and she is trying to get motivated to get back into it.  So a few weeks ago I asked her if she would do a sketch challenge just between the two of us.  I printed off the weekly sketch by Shimelle for her (she doesn't have internet access) and we gave each other a week to do it.  Sunday came around and our pages couldn't have looked different!!  (mine was the Halloween one I just posted)  It was great and she was so happy.  I told her that this time we would start with a starting point instead and this was the one we were going to use.  So I had to do something :-)

My Little Shoe Box 'Garden Party' & 'Sew Cute'
I got up early this morning and the house was nice and quiet so I finally got a start on it.  I do like how it turned out, but it drove me crazy in the process LOL.  I only finished it this evening when I got home from work.

I love to ink and heat emboss my chipboard and this bag of butterflies are some of my favourite.  I have no idea what happened to this one, but one of the layers wasn't happy and it looks like a furry butterfly.  My daughter says it is her favourite!

For the glitter on the second butterfly I first embossed it with clear and then sprinkled on some holographic silver embossing powder and heated it again.

I still have my few old foam stamps sitting on my desk and so I put them to use again.  I don't think they know what hit them!  They stamped the brackets around the photos.

This page doesn't really need a big title or lots of journaling as it is in the middle of a series of photos all taken at the same place, the 50's Prime Time Cafe.   So I just added bits and pieces of embellishment until I was done.  I had a picture in my mind of how it should look and I couldn't find anything in my stash that fit that image.  Oh well, I have to keep using up what I have if i want to buy more :-)

Neither I nor my friend had our layouts finished today, so we are going to compare them next week.  It was her turn to come up with a challenge for us and she went to the local paint store and brought us back each a set of the mixed colour paint swatches.  You know the ones I mean, with the colour combos already put together for using around our home.  That way we can randomly pick one and go with it.  Boy is that going to be a challenge, some of the combinations are way out there!!!  It is fun to craft with someone though.

Enjoy your week,
Chipper

1 comment:

  1. Scrapping challenges with a friend sounds like fun! Chipper, I was wondering if you'd be interested in putting yourself forward for the Design Team of It's A Creative World? I'm on the DT and we are looking for fresh, new DT members. It's not just scrapbooking but any crafting. Take a look and see what you think? Generaly it's two posts a month on anything crafty at all.
    itsacreativeworld.typepad.com

    Dd has been away this weekend, camping, so got to go and collect her.
    Hugs,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.