Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

School Holidays

This is the first week of the kids last holidays before school ends for the summer.  This is my favourite time of the year as the weather is almost perfect ... not too hot and not too cold!  I wish I could have more than a few days home with them, but I will take what I can get.

Today we stayed in and baked.  We have been getting a weekly fruit and veg delivery from a company that buy direct from the farmer.  It is a great concept and we buy a mixed box each week.  The kids call it our 'mystery box'!  The past few weeks we have been getting pumpkins and cauliflower, neither of which The LOML likes so they are building up in the fridge.  Everyone else likes them so we thought we would try out a few new recipes to use them up.


The Thinker made a HUGE batch of Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Cheese soup from his Ministry of Food cookbook.  It sounds strange but tasted really good.  We had that for lunch and still have lots left over.  The Extrovert and The Princess helped me peel a large Jap Pumpkin.  From that we made pumpkin soup, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin scones.  After we had finished and cleaned up, the boys decided that we really needed something their dad would eat so they are currently making plain scones!

All tasted delicious but we still have one cauliflower and two pumpkins in the fridge!!!!

Mmmmmm ... I smell fresh scones with jam and cream :-)

Speak again soon,
Chipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.