Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Chop Your Paper Challenge

This was one of the first challenges of the weekend but as it is something I do often it didn't leap out and grab me.  I frequently cut images out of the paper, especially swirls and flowers. So to challenge myself I found two sheets for cutting that only had borders and words (luckily they were double sided LOL) and went from there.  As a child I lived in Orlando, Florida for about a year.  While we were there mom took us to all the parks and sites.  I have lots of photos from Disney and Epcot (I was lucky enough to be there for the opening) as my Grandma came with us and she had a polaroid camera, but very few photos of any of our other activities.  However, I have one favourite photo of myself with my face painted like a clown at Circus World.  Sadly this park is no more, AND the photo is still packed and not accessible.  So I did the layout using just a piece of card as the photo place holder as I know exactly what the photo looks like and I can insert it later.  The piece of card helps me to picture where the photo is while I work.
Imaginisce 'Animal Crackers' collection
The hardest part was cutting out the banner from one of the border strips.  I used my Sizzix Eclips machine on this one to cut out the frames and the circle 'Ladies & Gentlemen'.  That machine cuts like a knife through butter.  It is a dream to use.  Added some inked edges and stapled on the little tickets I cut from another border strip and the layout is done.  SO much cheaper than buying all the embellishment packs, but it does take more time.

I couldn't find any lettering the right colour, so I added gold Smooch to some Thickers to make them work.  I tried both a brownish colour and the gold, and now I think I may have preferred it if I had gone ahead with the darker one.  This will be the first childhood photo of myself that I have scrapped to keep!  YEAH!!!!  The only other childhood photos of mine that I have scraped I gave away to grandparents as presents.  On the proviso that they willed them to me of course :-)

One layout done today and I am not even home yet.  This may be another two layout day!
Chipper

2 comments:

  1. Love all the LOs for Shimelle's challenges...I haven't had time to play along this week :(
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this LO. The gold looks fab on the title letters too.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.