Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Vintage Disney

It is the end of my long fortnight!  We open later and close earlier on Sundays, and the whole family enjoy that, but twice a month I work a 15hr Friday and it takes a huge chunk of my energy (I think I am getting a little too old for such long days!).  I have been working furiously on wedding invitations this last week and they were delivered today so that this afternoon I could spend my free time on whatever I chose without any lingering guilt.  I didn't even think to take a photo as this one was a little unusual.  Most of the guests are from overseas and invitation was 6 pages long!  I joked that I was working on my 'novel' all week long.

So now that the week has come to an end I finally had the chance to catch my breath and have some fun, so I grabbed the opportunity with both hands and did something a little different.  I scrapped the photo from our first visit to the '50's Prime Time Cafe' at Disney Studios in Florida.  It didn't end up at all how I had planned but I LOVE the final result.  There is no natural light at 11pm at night so the colours in the photo are a little washed out but I just couldn't wait to share :-)  (have updated photo to one a little better)

Papers are HOTP and Rusty Pickle. Stickers are from the park.

I really enjoyed playing with inks, sprays, and the Martha Stewart punch 'doily lace'.  A few days after visiting the park we drove up to visit my Aunt in Lake City.  After a spot of shopping at her local store I found a wonderful page by Rusty Pickle that was full of 50's style cooking images.  I bought it with this photo in mind and I am really happy I ended up using it.  There is still half left as it was quite yellow (you will find that this is my least favourite colour!)

The strip at the top of the page began life as a piece of Bazzill 'vanilla' and it was inked with Tim Holtz Distrss Inks 'Tea Dye', 'Vintage Photo' & 'Weathered Wood'.  I then sprayed it lightly with Glimmer Mist 'Walnut Gold' and 'Bell Bottom Jeans' (a new colour and fast becoming my fav!).  I painted the turned over part with just the 'Bell Bottom Jeans'.  The strip of doily at the bottom with only inked with 'Weathered Wood' to bring more blue into the layout.

To embellish the journaling block I used a Dusty Attic 'doily' laser cut chipboard shape inked in 'Weathered Wood' and sprayed with the two sprays, going heavier on the blue. While at the park I picked up a box of 'Vintage Disney' stickers.  I couldn't resist using them on this page and that is where the title came from and the Thumper embellishment.  They were very white and I inked them with 'Tea Dye'. I am just hoping that the ink eventually dries!

I am in love with the Dusty Attic chipboard hinges and I loved that I could use one on here.  This was inked with 'Tea Dye' and sprayed with the two sprays going heavier on the 'Walnut Gold'.  But I found it was too brown and at the very end I painted on extra 'Bell Bottom Jeans' along the edges.

This is a wonderful place to visit and if you are ever heading to Disney Studios in Florida I would recommend booking a lunch at the '50's Prime Time Cafe'.  We loved it so much that we went back a second time.  Now that visit has a longer story that is well worth telling.  I am still trying to find the right papers for those photos as I really want to do them in the pink and blue of the cafe.  Hopefully soon I will find just the right paper and tell you the rest of the story.

I hope you had a great weekend,
Chipper

P.S. if you have been reading about by recipe album project, I received my FIRST recipe via email today from my Great Aunt!  Very, very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.