Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

I had fun this week ...

This is the quiet part of my fortnight for blogging.  A midnight crop, lots of work and more wedding invites has meant that I have not been near my computer for two days.  But I did find time to create :-)  I feel much better after my cathartic release of earlier today and am ready to share with you two layouts I did this week in a few stolen moments.  As I scrap and play mostly at night, you will have to forgive the photo quality.  It seems to be a world wide fact that there is NO natural daylight at night time ... quite rude actually as that is when I craft! LOL

I am still working through our Disney trip and will probably be doing those photos until I am old and grey.  I was reading a local craft magazine this week and one of the articles was about using your punches on layouts.  A friend and I were discussing this and although she often used her border punches, I seem to forget that I have them!  So I challenged myself to use at least three in a layout, just because I could.  Here is the final result ...

Old Prima IOD papers
This was another Rainforest Cafe photo and this layout asks The Princess "Why do you always order mac & cheese?".  For some reason The Princess almost always ordered mac & cheese for every meal!  But she enjoyed the novelty and got to sample some of the best in Florida!  I used FOUR border lunches, a decorative cutting blade, my Cricut, AND my cuttllebug all in this layout!  True to using up all my old papers, this was made with some very old Prima papers back when they were Iron Orchid Designs, but I did combine them with new Prima flowers and a few roses.

I also made an accompanying 6x12 page that contains the story of that cafe.  The 6x12 side laying next to this page is similar to this, and the other side is very 'boy' as it celebrates The Thinker's love of RIBS!

This week I finished the LAST Rainforest Cafe photo.  It was a group table shot and I really wanted to have some sort of leaf foilage in it to reflect the ceiling of the cafe.  I brought home a new Craft Concepts leaf embossing folder and started with that.  I also had lots of fun with my sewing machine on the page. (I really enjoyed this week of crafting, can you tell?)

Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie'
I have still to unpack the bobbins for my sewing machine and it is currently threaded with black.  Luckily that was the colour I wanted (I really must find those bobbins!).  I used a fancy  stitch for the outside and a regular straight stitch for the leaf motif.  I should have gone over the leaves a few times to make them stand out more, but I fixed that with a bit of green marker.
The embossed leaves were put through the cuttlebug and then I inked with Distress Ink 'peeled paint' to darken the raised parts.  I then cut out random clusters and leaves to use on my page.  I rather like the effect.  The story is told in detail later on, but I wanted to highlight our favourite part of this dining experience on this page.  I put the white letter stickers I wanted onto my teflon mat and then inked them all with the same Distress Ink to make them green.  Then I placed them on my layout to spell out a sentence.  I also did that for my title and combined it with felt Thickers.

I had so much fun with this page and it really reflects the fun we had at the restaurant.  The best part of the meal were the 'thunderstorms'.  Every 22min the place came alive with flickering lights, thunder and crazy animals.  The noise was deafening and the kids loved every minute of it.  This restaurant was a wonderful place to cool off after a VERY hot morning at The Animal Kingdom.  I would recommend it as a must have experience no matter where you live (there is also one in London).

This is my favourite page so far and I really have no idea why!

Happy Creating
Chipper  :-)

1 comment:

  1. We went years ago to the London Rainforest Cafe...really brill.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.