Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Family Recipies

Tonight I am making a start on my Family Recipe Album.  If you are wondering what I am talking about you can read about my new project here.  My Great Aunt has sent me some old family recipies that she had, and reading through them today one shocked me ... a 'Mayonaise Cake'.  YEP, you read that right, MAYO, in a cake!!!!!  I don't even know if I am going to make one to try it.  Have any of you ever made a cake with mayonaise?????  Here is the recipe as it was given to me.

Mayonaise Cake

2c flour
2tsp soda
5tbs cocoa (sifted)

1c sugar
1c mayonaise
1c cold water
1 tsp vanilla

375F for 30-35 min

The only other information on the recipe was that it came from Dan O'Brian's Mom in 1948.  Very strange.  I think I shall have to email her and find out not only who Dan was but if this cake is any good!

I am heading off to a class tonight and I think I am going to use it as the title page in my cousins version of this Recipe Album.

Happy crafting,
Chipper

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift to make! The Mayo cake sounds interesting.....if I wasn't on Weight Watchers I might try it...look forward to seeing the other recipes!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison. My Aunt has said that it is a very yummy cake and super moist. So I think I am going to have to try it :-) I am also doing WW and I think I might try making it with light mayo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.