Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

Cake Love

I had a few minutes spare today so I wanted to create a fun layout for my Family Recipe Album even though I don't yet have the details for the page.  If I am going to get the album finished on time I need to have some blank pages ready to just insert the recipe and the story that goes with it.  I pushed myself and made a pink page ... my least favourite colour!  I started by just grabbing a few matching supplies and limited myself to just that.  This is going to go in the dessert section and I have made two, one for each album.

Little Yellow Bicycle 'Cupcake Love' papers
I lightly tacked the white rectangles of card on the page so that I know where the information will go.  Once I have it printed out, I can easily remove my white cards and replace them.  I used lace, ribbons, 
embellishments from the paper range, brads, thickers, and a few sheets of Bazzill to finish this layout.  It only took me about 20min to put the page together, but I like it.  I tied a knot in the ric-rac to put on the title and I loved how it formed a heart shape.  Purely accidental!

Sometimes it is nice to see what we can do with only a few supplies and a few minutes!  So another page for the recipe album is done.  Oh, and my Great Aunt emailed me back and apparently the 'Mayonaise Cake' i spoke about in the previous post is absolutely delish and moist.  So we should not judge a recipe by it's ingredients!
Enjoy your week,
Chipper

4 comments:

  1. Pretty..love the cupcake embellies...and maybe light mayo would be Ok!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet page with lovely colours and I'm impressed what you can do with 20 mins! The album will be great.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Mandy. Normally I take AGES, but I found it really quick when I limited the supplies I could choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again... Just wanted to say congrats about winning the giveaway on Shimelle's blog.... You go girl!!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.