Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

Earlier this week I completed a page based on this weeks sketch by Shimelle.  It was wonderful to work with a large photo and The Princess and I enjoyed making the embellishments along the side.  The good old Cricut and Cuttlebug came in very handy for this one.

Black, red and gold are not colours I normally work with, but I like the final effect.  I used gold paint and Creative Imaginations 'Radiant Rain Egyptian Gold' spray.  I have been dieing to use the Ki Memories 'Pop Culture Red Disco Ball' paper and it has never seemed to work with anything.  I love it on here!  It has been lightly inked with 'Distress Ink Black Soot' and sprayed with the gold spray.

I cut the cogs on the Cricut using 'Indie Art' and embossed them using the Tim Holtz 'Retro Circles' folder.  The black at the back we cut from a scrap of black ribbing left over from a sewing project.

Thank you Shimelle for a sketch using a large feature photo.  This is going to make a great title page for our album.

Chipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.