Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

And so the journey begins ...

Today I begin my blogging journey with help from Shimelle's 'Blogging for Scrapbookers' online class.  I am ME; a wife, a mom, a business owner, a crafter, a chatter, and many other things rolled into one.  But somewhere along the way the 'fun' side of me got pushed aside for later, while other things took over.  My goal over the next three weeks of this class is to take the first steps back to the joy of playing with paper, inks, glue and my imagination.  I have no idea how that is going to transpire, as I have been meaning to join this class for the last few months, but I am looking forward to the ride.

Life is like a mighty river.  There are times when the river is calm and you drift along enjoying the moment and marvel at the beauty God created all around you.  But then the water starts to churn and life takes unexpected twists and turns.  Every decision you make alters your course, for better or worse.  Eventually a waterfall drops before you and you only notice it moments before you tumble over the edge.  But after the shock wears off, you look back at the beauty created by that same wall of water, and marvel at the changes that journey has made in you.


The rapids of my life have in recent times seemed never ending and I thought there was calmer water ahead.  This morning we rounded a bend and ran smack bang into some unexpected white water.  My prayer is that God holds us all in a tight embrace through this one.

And so my journey begins.  There will be scrapbooking, cardmaking, cooking and other bits of ME along the way.  So grab a life-jacket (and maybe a helmet!) and join me for the ride.  There is some beautiful water out there just waiting to be explored.

Chipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.